Sunday 19 April 2009

Busy Days

Busy days and nights here at Kay Dees Crafts. I always knew running your own business was hard as I watched my dad as I was growing up - I didn't realise quite how hard though!

The shop design has changed yet again! I met a lovely lady, Tanya, through Freecycle. I had a big bag of ribbon cut offs that were of no use to me, not long enough to sell but plenty long enough for canny crafters. Tanya answered our Freecycle post and came to collect her bundle. As we were chatting about the business and what our plans were, Tanya said she would cast an eye over the website and pass us back some feedback. As some of our readers and buyers will know, we are always keen to get feedback regarding our business.

As it turns out Tanya is a very talented designer! We have had some fantastic constructive advice and we are busy trying to implement some of her suggestions. Thank you Tanya! I am struggling with some of our graphics, but my main concern is to have a functioning website....at the moment some of the fonts are so tiny you would need a magnifying glass to read them! So back to hours of reformatting but I do think the end results will be worth it.

We now have a range of cardmaking tags and banners available, soon to be listed (hopefully this evening). One of my buyers makes Wedding cards and stationery and requested some Order of Service banners. Of course whilst I was shopping for her request I could not ignore the many different tags I found LOL

I had a lazy day last Sunday as I really needed a break from the shop. I decided I wanted to visit the seaside and of course we had to introduce Ghyll to the sea. I literally stuck a pin in the map and we headed down to Seaford and walked part of the South Downs Way. I have yet to download the photographs of our day but a fantastic time was had by all....and despite it being a Bank Holiday weekend, the weather was glorious.

No time to 'chat', things to do, websites to stock and sales to pack.

Happy Crafting!

No comments: